For the first time in several years, the Red Raiders will host a parade on the day before Thanksgiving (November 27). Come join us as we prepare to sink the Clippers! The parade will begin at 12:00 and will roll down Main Street in Hyannis. Following the parade, we will hold a pep rally on the Village Green at 1:00 to celebrate all of the fall sports teams.
If you are part of a Fall sports team, or a club, and want to be in the parade, grab an application from Mrs. Gleason in Room 1407 and be a part of this great event! We welcome floats, walking groups, bands, members of the military, and anyone else who wants to celebrate with us!
Red Raider Rolling Rally Participant Application
The Barnstable Quarterback Club invites you to participate in the Red Raider Rolling Rally as either a walking group or on a float. Please complete the application below and return it to Mrs. Gleason in Room 1407. Deadline for applications is Friday, November 22, 12 pm.
Name of Group, Grade, or Team _______________________________________________
(You may have multiple floats ex. Freshman, JV, Varsity)
Adult Supervisor who will attend parade/rally with the group _____________________
Supervisor’s Signature ________________________________________
Supervisor’s Cell Phone _______________________________________
Number of participants from your group ____________________
Will your group/team be walking? on a float? or both? __________________________
If a float, is it a Car? Pick-up truck? Flat bed? _________________________________
What company? ________________________________________________________
Drivers Name? _________________________________________________________
Company or Driver’s Cell Number ______________________________________
Some answers to some anticipated questions:
- Yes, you must have an adult supervisor with you the entire time of decorating, being in the parade, and at rally (10am-2pm).
- You must make arrangements for your own transportation to and from the parade.
- You must find your own float, local businesses are great to ask. It can be a car, pick up truck or larger vehicle.
- You are completely responsible for the cost of your own decorations, float, materials, etc.
- If the parade is cancelled, the pep rally will still happen, but will be moved to the Hyannis Recreation Center.
- The parade route is ½ mile long
- Floats need to be at Hyannis Transportation Center at 10am, Wednesday, November 27, so we can line them and park them in the correct line-up order. You may decorate your float from 10am-12pm.
- The parade is scheduled to start at 12pm, leave the transportation Center, down Main Street, left on High School Road, left on South Street, and end in the parking lot behind Town Hall. Students then walk to the Hyannis Green for the pep rally at 1:00.
- Parking is available at the transportation center for all parade participants.
- Bathrooms are located in the transportation center.
If you are a Varsity fall sports team, you may have 3-5 minutes to participate in the pep rally on the Hyannis Green. You may use this time to perform a skit, say a cheer, talk about your season’s record, etc. If you would like to be a part of the pep rally:
Team Name and Captain ______________________________________________________
Cell phone number _________________________________________________